Tiny Concert #2: Chris Garneau
What You Need To Know:
- Thank you again to everyone who contributed monetarily, psychically, and or emotionally to our crowdfunding campaign in March to pay for the costs of moving and tuning our gorgeous end-of-the-19th-century upright piano gifted to us by Grace Jones! Tiny Concert #2 is dedicated to you! <3
- The doors to the Tiny Concert #2 with Chris Garneau will open at 7pm and the concert will begin at 8pm on Monday, April 23 at Bar Rufián: C/ Nou De La Rambla, 123
- Tickets are 15€ and must be purchased in advance online. If you need to pay in cash, please contact me as soon as possible.
- Space is limited and it’s recommended that you purchase your tickets as soon as possible.
- This is an intimate and private event, please don’t publish this page on FaceBook or anywhere else.
- If you have any questions, please contact me, Michael Hart, either by email, (email@example.com), or by WhatsApp, (+ 34 645 86 90 18)
El País, Mayo, 2017:
Había una entrada solo tímida este viernes para ver a Chris Garneau en la sala Max Aub del Matadero, pero con protagonistas como él merece la pena ir despacio y disfrutar de un encandilamiento progresivo. Sobre todo porque este hombre sensible y torturado, hasta ahora solo familiar en círculos reducidos, merece con probabilidad la catalogación de artista perdurable. Esta aparición en solitario del viernes, de una hora exacta (el sábado repetía), dejó sensaciones de hondura y desamparo, de aullido contenido. Duele vivir, a veces, viene a explicarnos Garneau. Y la misma belleza puede resultar profundamente dolorosa.
Chris Garneau's fourth full-length album, Yours, will be released early 2018. His earlier albums; Music for Tourists LP (2006), C-Sides EP (2007), El Radio LP (2009) and Winter Games LP (2013) have been released in North America, Europe, China, Japan and South Korea - markets where he has also toured extensively for over 10 years. Garneau has also landed over 30 synch placements for film, cable and advertising. His cover of Between the Bars (Elliott Smith) was featured in Pedro Almodóvar’s The Skin I live In (2011).